Specialist services we provide
Haddington CAB works with various funders to provide a diverse range of specialist advice services. These services are delivered by a mixture of paid specialists and trained volunteer advisers.
Specialist services currently offered by Haddington CAB are:
- Debt Advice: intervention and support for people with multiple debts. Once all information has been provided on debts and up to date balances established, the specialist Debt Adviser will advise on options which could include bankruptcy, Debt Payment Plan (Debt Arrangement Scheme), Trust Deed or voluntary repayment programme
- In Court Advice: advice delivered in Sheriff Court on legal matters such as eviction, repossession, debt, small claims, court attendance and representation
- Homeless Intervention Project: crisis debt intervention and support for people with mortgage or rent arrears or at risk of repossession/eviction
- Good Advice = Better Health:
- Choose Life Project provides advice to people with mental health problems and aims to prevent suicide
- GP Surgery Project – weekly advice clinic in Dunbar Health Centre for patients referred by their health professional
- Money Advice Service: help with managing your money better with support on issues such as starting or losing work (redundancy or retirement), having a baby, taking on a tenancy or mortgage and planning for the future. This is delivered in partnership with Musselburgh CAB.
- The Armed Services Advice Project (ASAP): advice and information for the Armed Forces Community delivered in partnership with West Lothian CAB
- Kinship Care: support for people who look after the child of a family member or close friend delivered in partnership with Edinburgh CAB.
- Patient Advice and Support Service (PASS): advice, information and support for people wishing to give feedback or comments, raise concerns or make complaints about health care delivered by NHS Scotland in partnership with Edinburgh CAB