National telephone advice service
- 0808 800 9060
- CAB has a national telephone advice service - Citizens Advice Direct
- Monday to Friday 9am to 8pm | Saturday 10 am to 2pm
Calls are free to landlines and most mobiles.
But if you need face to face advice to resolve your problem, they will refer you to your nearest CAB
- 0845 404 0506
- For specialist advice on consumer problems contact - Citizens Advice Consumer Service
Ways we can help at Haddington CAB
Face to face advice is important when you need help for problems that can’t be sorted in one phone call
Some of the ways we can help you include:
- If you need help negotiating with someone – for example, appealing a benefits decision, establishing a payment plan with creditors, getting redress from a supplier for bad service – we can do that. This might be by helping you to write a letter or by making phone calls.
- We can help you fill in forms, for example to make a claim for benefits.
- We can check that you’re receiving all the benefits you’re entitled to, and at the right levels.
- We can represent clients in court and at tribunals. (Note: this is a very busy specialist service – we try and help as many people as we can but it’s not always possible to help everyone.)